As the medical cannabis movement gathers steam, catalysed by breakthroughs in our understanding of cannabinoids and the corresponding trend towards liberalisation and legalisation, getting on the front foot of this megatrend has its perks for those who can spot the investment opportunity today.
Favourable Growth Prospects
FLWR is Europe’s truly global medical cannabis ETF, and provides investors with exposure to the global revolution in cannabis-derived medication and wellness products.
Powered by New Frontier Data®
FLWR is purpose-built in collaboration with New Frontier Data, an independent cannabis research and tech-driven analytics firm based in Washington, D.C., and leverages their unique insights and proprietary classification system of companies that have demonstrable exposure to the emerging medical cannabis and life sciences sector.
FLWR’s composition transcends classic sector, size and geographic classifications by tracking an emerging theme.
In a single trade, FLWR delivers access to dozens of companies that are favourably positioned to ride the tailwinds of the medical cannabis and life sciences theme.
- All financial investments involve an element of risk. Therefore, the value of your investment and the income from it will vary and your initial investment amount cannot be guaranteed.
- FLWR is vulnerable to cyclical declines in the cannabis sector.
- Any change to existing applicable laws or regulations that currently enable companies to engage in cannabis-related business activities ("CRB Activities") would reduce the value of affected companies and FLWR.
- Also, some companies may breach such applicable laws or regulations which may (1) cause them to be de-listed from stock exchanges and/or reduce their market value (and therefore reduce FLWR’s value or its ability to realise its investments) and/or (2) mean that capital gains or income derived from such companies cause FLWR and/or FLWR's investors to be in breach of anti-money laundering laws or other laws applicable to them respectively ("Applicable Laws").
- FLWR may have exposure to the recreational consumer market for cannabis even though it does not intend to. This might mean that the capital gains or income derived from companies with this exposure cause FLWR and/or FLWR's investors to be in breach of Applicable Laws.
- A change in any legal requirements relating to funds with cannabis exposure might require the Manager to stop marketing FLWR in certain countries, de-list FLWR’s Shares from certain stock exchanges; and/or close FLWR.
- FLWR invests in pharmaceutical companies which may never generate revenue due to clinical trial failures and/or a lack of required approvals for new medicine. Such factors could severely reduce the values of affected companies and FLWR. FLWR also invests in small publicly traded companies which may be more vulnerable to adverse business or economic events and greater and more unpredictable price changes than larger companies.
- FLWR invests in global equity securities. As such there is a risk of loss arising from exchange rate fluctuations or exchange control regulations.
- Other: (1) Third party service providers (such as the ICAV’s depositary) may go bankrupt and fail to pay money due to FLWR or return property belonging to FLWR. (2) If the Index provider stops calculating the Index or if FLWR’s license to replicate the Index is terminated, FLWR may have to be closed. (3) It may not always be possible to buy and sell FLWR’s Shares on a stock exchange or at prices closely reflecting the Net Asset Value. (4) There is no capital guarantee or protection on the value of FLWR and investors can lose all the capital invested in FLWR. (5) Please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of the ICAV’s Prospectus and the Fund Supplement.
|Net Assets||USD 1,590,690.26|
|NAV per share||USD 5.3023|
|Fund Base Currency||USD|
|Total Expense Ratio||0.65%|
|Index||Foxberry Medical Cannabis and Life Sciences Index / FXBYFLWR|
|Index Replication Method||Physical – full replication|
|No. of holdings||27|
|Depositary/Custodian||Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Ireland) Limited|
|Investment Manager||Davy Global Fund Management Limited|
|Manager||Davy Global Fund Management Limited|
|UK Reporting Fund Status||Yes|
|Equity Fund (Germany)||Yes|
Top 10 Holdings
|CORBUS PHARMS. HOLDI||US21833P1030||6.48||USD|
|NEW AGE BEVERAGES||US64157V1089||5.32||USD|
|Exchange||Currency||Listing Date||SEDOL||Bloomberg Ticker||RIC|
|London Stock Exchange||USD||18-Feb-20||BJXRZC7||FLWR LN||FLWR.L|
|London Stock Exchange||GBP||18-Feb-20||BK5TNN5||FLWG LN||FLWG.L|
|Deutsche Borse Xetra||EUR||17-Feb-20||BJXRZL6||BLUM GY||BLUG.DE|
|Six Swiss Exchange||CHF||09-Jul-20||BJXRZF0||FLWR SE||FLWR.S|
- United Kingdom
Research & Insights
Cannaweek Episode 15 – Investing in the EU (with Stuart Forbes and Rahul Bhushan) In this episode, host Heather Wicklein…
Shattering preconceptions, can Cannabis be a force for good? Cannabis has become one of the most socially disruptive phenomena…